Saturday, January 27, 2007

First Post!

Ah, the internet tradition- the "First post". This is just a placeholder for now, and will likely be deleted when I put a real article up detailing what I'm going to do with this blog.

I guess I should probably put a little bit about me here. I'm a college student in the USA, majoring in Computer Science. I've played video games since I was a kid, and have a pretty strong interest in game design as well as the political implications of technology- which is where the "Freedom" in the title of this blog comes in. Right now, technology is a tool used by people for free speech, freedom of expression, etc- but it's also used by the government and large corporations to take away peoples' basic rights and freedom for money.

I haven't decided on a regular update schedule for this blog- I expect that I'll put a ton of stuff up over the next couple weeks with no real plan on timing then go to a more consistent schedule afterwards- probably something like 2-3 times a week, but no promises. After all, I'm in college and I have to deal with schoolwork and crap on occasion.

I'm willing to take suggestions on what to write about- feel free to leave comments.

No comments: